Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Professor's Diary Excerpts 2




Eye contact is something very important to maintain discipline in a class. You have to face the students by looking into their eyes. (Please do not stare.)It should be like that you start from one point of the class room and end at another point. It is not so simple, you have to practice a lot and do homework. I used to sit before a mirror and look at my own eyes every day for at least ten minutes.
During this period I would give suggestions to my mind, “I am confident.” You should have such positive messages for the mind. The result will be simply marvellous when also supplemented by simple mediation techniques. When I am in a class, if any student misbehaves, I will simply look at him stopping the class for a second; there will be abrupt silence in the class and all the other students will be looking at the particular student. Next I will just turn my face off towards the door, and he understands and will go out of the class but he will stand near the door. He will keep standing there, and after 10 minutes .......................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment