Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Professor's Diary Excerpts 11



As a voracious reader, once I came across a book about Kadamattath Kathanar. As I was very much interested in knowing more about magic, I got interested in the life history of Kadamattath Kathanar. This interest led me to read more and collect more information about him. When I got a chance to attend the marriage of one of my students, I visited the Kadamattom Church. I entered the church and prayed saying in my mind, “Please accept me as your son.” I do not know why I said that but my intuition told me to do so, that’s all I know. While I was in prayer I noticed an old man sitting in the church and reading a book very seriously. I thought that he might be a care taker of the church.
I came outside the church and found that on one side of the church people were trying to light candles but they were not able to do so as the winds were blowing very strong. I went near the place took the candles and lighted them and said aloud, “Is this wind a problem for the Kadamattathu Kathanar?”  .............................

No comments:

Post a Comment